Friday, December 12, 2008

iTunes for PC Needs Improvement

Like any marriage, my marriage with Apple has its ups and downs. I've stuck with Apple because there are way more ups, but here's one of the downs: iTunes for PC.

I absolutely love Apple for putting iTunes on PC. But it really needs improvement. Mostly it is extremely slow, and it is sometimes unresponsive. Today I was clicking an artist (Evanescence) and it wouldn't open at all for a long time. I kept clicking over and over, and eventually, I did manage to open it. Also, I watch the Daily Show and many podcasts, and I notice that the video is very faulty. Sometimes it stops, except it must be going still, because it then skips ahead to 'catch up' with what's going on. Sometimes the screen's picture just freezes forever while the audio keeps going perfectly. I need to click on it or on the pause and play button to get it to continue properly.

These are noticeable problems, but they don't interrupt my listening to my precious music, which at least counts for something. However, this can't keep going on under Apple's nose. I've heard from some people that Apple slows it down on purpose to try to say that Vista is slow. Only problem with that is, Vista IS slow. I think they need to completely revise the code and optimize it for PC instead of Mac. It's great, but it needs a lot of work.

-Derek

No comments: