Sunday, December 14, 2008

Paul McCartney: I introduced the Beatles to politics

Paul McCartney said very recently in an interview that he introduced the Beatles to politics, not John.

My response: Yeah right. John had nothing to do with politics. Of course. That's why half of his solo songs are political, like "Give Peace A Chance", "Gimme Some Truth", etc. Right. And you JUST pointed this out? You waited HOW LONG to say this? It's friggin 2008, Paul! The Beatles broke up 1969! It's almost been 40 years! I'll bet it's easier for him to say this with John being too dead to argue with him. But to be fair, John died about 20 years ago.

I think this is Paul just trying to cast some positive light on himself and away from John. I don't know why he wants this attention. Attention's useless when you're already the most known band in the world.

-Derek

No comments: