Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween

I'm at the Rivera residence again. Everybody comes trick-or-treating in broad daylight, and then there are none when it actually gets dark. Kind of ironic.

Time for this week's Top 5. This time it's the Top 5 Psychedelic Songs.

5. Jimi Hendrix- "Third Stone From The Sun"

4. Traffic- "Paper Sun"

3. TIE: Beatles- "A Day In The Life", Beatles- "Strawberry Fields Forever"

2. Pink Floyd- "Bike"

1. Talking Heads- "Once In A Lifetime"

I love all those songs.

Nothing new with Apple. The Beatles just signed a video game deal, so hopefully this means their music will be on iTunes soon.

-Derek

1 comment:

DudeAsInCool said...

Nice selection of tracks. You might also like Traffic's Dear Mr Fantasy, and most of the cuts on the Low Spark of High Heeled Boys. I think Electric Ladyland was Hendrix's most progressive album--listen to it with headphones if you can. As far as the Beatles, over time I've grown to like the Revolver album best.

As a child if the 60s, I grew up with all this stuff. If you would like any further suggestions, let me know. And keep up the nice work on your blog.