Friday, October 10, 2008

My Third Blog

Yes, this is my third blog. I mean, technically, this is probably my tenth blog. But it's my third 'main' blog. The others were called "The Life of Derek" but I'm calling this one "Derek's Tablet" just because... I dunno, I just am. It's my tablet to write on. I am in fact aware that nobody will probably be reading this. That's okay, though. I just feel like blogging. I just love blogging. It's in my blood. It's the way I think. Sometimes I stop blogging, but those couple months are just a vacation from my passion.

What will I blog about? Whatever's on my mind. I might as well introduce myself. I'm a music fan, a musician, a poet, a tech fan, and a retro video game fan. I'll tell about these things.

I love music a lot. It's what keeps me going through the day. I couldn't stand not having my iPhone with me so I can listen to music. What do I like? Beatles, Bob Dylan, John Lennon, Rolling Stones, Jimi Hendrix, Radiohead, and a lot, lot more. I'm into creativity. I'm into thinking different.

I create music too. You probably don't want to hear it. It's not very good. It's just something I like doing. I like the process of creating it. I like performing it. It's not very pleasing to listen to though.

My music's taking a backseat to poetry right now. I love poetry. It's becoming a huge part of my life. As the day goes by, things keep happening that make me think of ideas for poems. I've written tons of poems, which are probably a lot better than my music.

I am also interested in technology. I am a big Apple fan. However, I do not think they're perfect. They are better than Microsoft though. Much better. I stay in touch with what's going on with technology. Pretty cool.

I also like retro video games. I grew up on the Nintendo Entertainment System. I have every Nintendo system (not counting the handhelds, which includes the Virtual Boy). I have an average amount of games, but I still have a lot of collecting to do. It's a fun hobby.

So bottom line: I hope you enjoy my blog somehow. Thanks for reading!

No comments: