Saturday, October 18, 2008

New MacBooks Pt. 2

Derek here, reporting from the Apple Store. The MacBooks are here (they've been here for a long time of course). They're great. I'll post pictures later. The keyboard is really nice to use, I'm typing on it right now. I'd love to use this keyboard. It's a great pleasure, because typing on everything is so smooth.

The whole trackpad being the button is cool. The only drawback I've seen so far is that I like to have my thumb on the button below normal trackpads while my index finger navigates the pointer, but you can't do it that way with this computer because it detects both your thumb and index finger and it can't move very well unless you have one finger on it at a time. But this is only one tiny drawback. The screen looks great, since it's glass, and LCD-backlit. All the things you would expect on a MacBook except FireWire are there. I don't need FireWire personally, so it's no problem. The computer is pretty light when it comes to computers. The NVIDIA graphics really show, because they're super-fast. Try using the iSight camera to look at yourself and you'll see what I mean.

The MacBook Air is pretty much the same as the old one, except for the better processor and better hard drive. Overall, this is a great addition to the Apple family, and I look forward to buying it.

-Derek

No comments: