Saturday, October 18, 2008

The New MacBooks

I like them. I don't exactly like the price, but I guess if that's what Apple has to do, that's what they have to do. But the MacBooks are stunning. They hit it right out of the park with this one. Today I'm going to the Apple store to check them out, followed by hopefully going to my friend's house if he's available for today.

The new MacBooks have all-glass displays, they are unibody, meaning they're basically made with one part instead of many parts, etc. The unibody thing is important for a number of reasons. It makes the MacBook lighter, better-looking, more durable, and it's very "environmentally responsible". The whole trackpad is one big button, so you have more space to use it. Also, it's a glass trackpad. Very cool! The MacBooks are encased in aluminum just like the MacBook Pro. In fact, the only basic differences between the two are these:

-MacBook has 13", MacBook Pro has 15".

-MacBook Pro has FireWire compatibility, MacBook doesn't.

-Better processor, hard drive on MacBook Pro

So all the new, cool features the MacBook Pro has, consumers can get those with the MacBook. That's fantastic. Both notebooks have all-new NVIDIA graphics, meaning that they're 3-5 times faster, which excites me.

So yeah, I'm excited. Even though it's $1299, I can definitely take that. Besides, you can still get the old MacBook for $999 (it should be something like $799). I hope to get one of these guys. Also, I realize that this was announced on the 14th and I'm just posting this today. I was getting around to it.

-Derek

No comments: